[CAUT] Tools in the car

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 12:39:47 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2005 9:26:42 AM Central Standard Time,
stranges@Oswego.EDU writes:

Here's  my question:

My gear as well as all of ours, gets on the heavy side.  I'm lazy.
Most nights I *do* bring it in the house- and mostly out of  concern
of theft and my accu-cheater getting damaged by the  temperature.

But I am wondering if all my expensive tools might not  apprieciate
the same consideration?
Can these become  damaged/rusted/??? Should I just make a habit of
bringing my gear in  every night?

I leave strings and stringing tools outside all the time-  but I'm
now wondering about all these as well.
I know LOTS  of people who regularly leave their stuff in the  car.

Anyone?

Actually, the tools, etc., are probably not going to harmed as much by the
low temperatures as the strings. If you're going to take anything in, it needs
to be the strings, especially the bass strings, and probably your SAT  and
glues. As long as the tools don't get wet, they should be OK.

Wim