[CAUT] Tools in the car

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Mon, 14 Nov 2005 14:07:24 -0500

On Nov 14, 2005, at 11:12 AM, Don wrote:

> Hi Michele,
>
> That would depend on the dew point in your area. I tend to leave my
> tools
> in the trunk during the summer only. Once we hit Oct I have to drag
> them
> into the house.

I used to carry an assortment of repair parts in a Plano fishing
tackle box (I bought it new just for the purpose - so it wasn't like
it had old fish bait in there).  At the time, I drove a Chevy
Blazer.  It was very functional for service work.  It can get very
hot in a Chevy Blazer in the south, even up to about 9 months out of
the year (it's pretty warm out there today, actually).  Our summer
heat ruined everything that was in the box.  Other than than, I try
to not let my tuning forks, mutes and SAT get exposed to extremes.  I
haven't noticed any damage to the stringing wire supply I've carried
for probably 15 years.  I keep it in a cheap plastic toolbox from
Wally World, each individual spool in a "ziploc" with baby powder
sprinkled inside.

Jeff

Jeff Tanner, RPT
University of South Carolina