[CAUT] 1966 G-2 THANKS ALL!!

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Thu, 13 Oct 2005 16:46:26 -0500

>>  In other words it doesn't always start at the tenor bridge and go
>> up...am I as clear as mud?
>>

> Common sense makes us want to think this way, but I don't think
> manufacturers always are using a whole lot of that.  Matter of fact,
> this thread's got me wondering how many times I might have used the
> wrong wire size replacing a single broken wire.

Common sense is an oxymoron. Ask around. I figure that if there is
such a thing as an implied wire gage at the top or bottom, when
everything else is marked, the system is brain dead and one random
guess is as good as any other. So I chose to believe, and it is
faith based, that no manufacturer is that insane in this particular
detail. Along those lines, I take the last size marked at either the
top or bottom, and extend to the ends of the bridge, make sure the
counts jibe with the number placements after you've thus established
the stringing direction, and take it from there. The numbers are
there so we don't HAVE to remember which way the count goes. We can
figure it out from the placement of the numbers and hitch pattern
(if necessary).

Ron N