[CAUT] hammer juicing

Leslie Bartlett l-bartlett@sbcglobal.net
Sun, 23 Oct 2005 19:14:02 -0500

If I were to want to juice some Abel hammers on a Baldwin Hamilton, can I
get away with just working from the top, not removing the action.   I put a
set on this piano for my voice teacher who has since retired and sold me his
piano.  Up to about A 5 they are very nice, but at that point they get a bit
soft and inconsistent.  I've tried a hammer iron on them with little result.
I suppose I could try to use the back end of the voicing tool to compress
the felt a bit. Guess that's next before going farther. But I've never
"juiced" anything.  What voicing "up" I have done was done for Olga Kern
last week and I sanded lightly, and pounded the felt with good results.
Since it's my piano, now, I am willing to experiment a bit and am looking
for advice from people with more experience than I......
thanks
les bartlett

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat