[CAUT] Hearing Protection

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Fri, 28 Oct 2005 11:51:39 -0600

I don't know if this has been mentioned but Aspirin is also known to
worsen tinnitus temporarily. Along with caffeine "Excedrin" type drugs
might ease the headache but greatly increase tinnitus. (I know!)

=20

On a slightly odd note (no pun intended) my tinnitus includes a very
strong Eb that's about 11 cents below standard A440 pitch. While not
exactly "perfect pitch" I've learned to use it to my advantage.

=20

Jokingly, I told a student I could give him "perfect pitch" for $100.00.
I won't tell you how, but it included large caliber munitions...

=20

Jim Busby

=20

________________________________

From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of
Elwood Doss
Sent: Friday, October 28, 2005 10:34 AM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: RE: [CAUT] Hearing Protection

=20

Another idea in regard to loud noises and ear protection:  I found that
caffeinated coffee (lots of it-3 or 4 cups each morning) made my hearing
real sensitive to various sounds and also the loudness.  And its not a
good type of sensitivity.  It is a bit irritating.  I laid off
caffeinated coffee and went to decaffeinated coffee and the problem went
away.

=20

Just my two cents worth.

=20