[CAUT] Re: Katrina

Avery Todd atodd@uh.edu
Thu, 01 Sep 2005 10:53:29 -0500

Kent, Sandy.

I saw Rick's post and it prompted me to look into the same thing with
my boss. She said she'd investigate it and see if there's any way we
could do the same thing for a few months.

As most of you probably know, Houston is already taking in 1,000's of
refugees from that area, including the ones being bused in from the
Superdome to our Astrodome, so some type of rental help might be
available to at least get someone a place to live, etc., especially
if they already had a temporary job lined up. I read in the paper
today that there are places here that are offering anywhere from no
deposit rentals, to free rentals, to reduced rent places. I would
also imagine that most, if not all, of the local techs would be
willing to give up 1-2 tunings a week to help out. I might also be
able to find some store work.

Just some thoughts.

Avery