[CAUT] they stayed :o

michelle stranges stranges@Oswego.EDU
Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:11:55 -0400

Sorry to get off subject of recent tragic events here folks- but I just got
back from tuning a LOVELY couple's St. L and they once had some technicians
(who will remain nameless, but who I knew of so that was impressive) who
took VERY good care of their piano and that they were *quite* happy with
them.

Now it was me.

(and if that wasn't enough....)

They BOTH stayed in the room and watched me.

Now usually it's one person- and they hang around for a bit and then take
off when they realize that yes - that *IS* the only song I know how to
play..

:D

We chit chatted a bit and had a good time but I sure was up against a huge
history of competant technicians that they had in the past as well as them
watching me work.

I tried to do my usual thinking though...

- what am I eating tonight
- TGIF
- do I have enough Guinness
- MAN!- I gotta get my oil changed
  etc..

And of course the recent events that are quite disturbing to say the least.

In my mere 10 years of working on pianos I never had *2* people planted on
a couch and chair watching me throught the WHOLE thing.

(And let's not forget about how when I got to the last octave and a half I
did my usual standing up... talk about being self conscious!!!! Wasn't much
to look at then but my backside!!!
(Please keep jokes on THIS subject to a minimum...)

:o

Self conscious in Oswego,
Michelle