[CAUT] they stayed :o

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Fri, 02 Sep 2005 10:41:39 -0700

At 12:11 PM 9/2/2005 -0400, you wrote:
>In my mere 10 years of working on pianos I never had *2* people planted on
>a couch and chair watching me throught the WHOLE thing.

I was only months out of training when I did a service call and tuning on a
brand new Steinway B (this wasn't typical of my business at the time ...)
The couple sat there on the couch, smiling and looking at me, as I took the
case apart and pulled the action, papered a rubbing wippen, etc. That was
in 1980, but you notice I still remember the details <grin>. I was thinking
about how it would look if a keyblock came off the fallboard and landed on
the bench or my toe. I was thinking of how it would be to break off a
hammer in front of them. I was wondering if I looked as green as I was.
Apparently not ... or they just didn't tell me.