[CAUT] they stayed :o

Don Mannino DMannino@kawaius.com
Fri, 2 Sep 2005 12:45:42 -0700

My favorite related story is about a client who always enjoyed staying
in the room for the tuning. =20
=20
He would settle into his easy chair across the room and chat while I got
ready to tune, then as I started tuning he would doze off, sleeping
through the tuning!  I am not exactly light with my test blows, but I
remember wondering if I should back off a little.
=20
After this happened at 3 or 4 appointments I finally asked him whether
the loud tuning doesn't bother him.  He said, well, yes I play the notes
pretty loud, but very consistent.  There was something soothing to him
about the sound.  I told him it's OK with me, I just wondered.
=20
Maybe his mother had the piano tuned a lot while she was pregnant with
him, who knows!
=20
Don Mannino RPT