[CAUT] they stayed :o

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Fri, 02 Sep 2005 15:38:22 -0500

> What would you have done if he’d started snoring really loud?
>
> David Love

I've had it happen. Woke him up claiming unfair competition, so he
got both a nap and a laugh. I find tuning is better than a drive
around the block to put a resistant kid down for a nap. About half
way into it, their brain goes numb and quits functioning (much like
my own), and mom comes and thanks me and tries to book an
appointment for tomorrow at the same time. So far I haven't charged
for the extra service, but some day my numb brain will think of it
at the critical time and I'll try it. Lots of folks have asked if
they could watch me tune. I say "Sure, but I bet I outlast you. I've
been watched by experts." Some stay awake, but most of them wander
off after awhile.

Tuning a "concert", forklifts zipping around and folding chairs
being set up through the first half of the tuning, and people
filling up the arena through the second half. Finishing up in this
incredible din of people talking and kicking chairs, I played the
Close Encounter theme, good and loud. The place instantly went dead
quiet, then a round of applause and whistles from the thousand or so
music fans.

It's not a job, it's a psych research project...

Ron N