[CAUT] Bridge design/Pure sound wire

Jim Busby jim_busby@byu.edu
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 13:01:39 -0600

David, List,

=20

I've done 2 Ms and Vince did a B. All three needed no changes in
lengths. All turned out Wonderful! The B was put side by side with
another B and it far outshined it.=20

=20

One of the major "changes" with the stainless wire is they have a
"strong" and a regular wire. IOW, you may have a #14 and then a #14
Strong. (Slightly different composition and/or rending process.) It
really made everything smooth. Juan Mas Cabre was very specific and
meticulous with this scaling.

=20

I'd really like to get Juan back to do another class at a convention. At
that time it would be great to have a "Pure Sound" strung piano for all
to hear. If anyone close to the convention site has experience with this
please let me know. If there is someone in that area that wants to try
it and would be willing to help with this project I'd sure like to know
very soon.

=20

Thanks,

Jim Busby BYU