[CAUT] bridle straps

Jeff Tanner jtanner@mozart.sc.edu
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 09:08:21 -0400

On Sep 20, 2005, at 10:55 PM, David Ilvedson wrote:

> Yeah, but this is a nice old Steinway...I do have a set...I've
> never installed a set...cork many times...what is it that makes me
> squirm when I see spring clips?   Probably the fact that anyone
> could pop those babies on....

Anyone who can read can put the cork ones in, too.  That's not what
bothers me.

Thing I don't like about the clips is when you have to pull an action
and they start coming loose, one after another, you replace one and
the next one pops off.

I pulled a compact action to replace a string once and it took me an
hour to get all those clips back on.

If this is a "nice old Steinway", why not pull the catcher shanks and
glue them in like the originals?  Just curious.

Jeff