[CAUT] bridle straps

Ed Sutton ed440@mindspring.com
Wed, 21 Sep 2005 18:33:37 -0400

No. I wrote "CA gel," which is a thick form of CA which is in a tube.  You could also use "ultra gap-filling,"  but not ultra thin!

----- Original Message -----
From: Andrew Anderson
To: ed440@mindspring.com;College and University Technicians
Sent: 9/21/2005 4:02:16 PM
Subject: Re: [CAUT] bridle straps

Ed,
I presume you aren't using ultra thin CA to do this?

Andrew

At 02:58 PM 9/21/2005, you wrote:

I don't like snap, tack or cork tapes.  They are usually not the right length, and often come loose.
I install tapes like this:
Mount action horizontal in action rack.
Remove old tapes,saving a clean cut sample for length.
(A drop of WD-40 on the old plastic tip makes de-installation much easier.)
Cut new tapes to length. (Drive a brad into a scrap board and you can mount 6 at a time and chop off at a marked lentgh.)
Spray tape tips with CA accelerator.
Put a drop of CA gel at the joint of the butt and dowel.
Hold tape with tweezers and press tip into CA with a pointed stick or wire.
Let glue harden and reconnect tapes to wippens.

Ed Sutton