[CAUT] a bad habit??

Wolfley, Eric (wolfleel) WOLFLEEL@UCMAIL.UC.EDU
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:07:38 -0400

Yeah Michelle,

"As long as you know what's goin' on"...When I started here there was a
big pile of those keystop rails lying around the shop and I think we've
found a home for most of them but we seem to have a few extra...I guess
those pianos were sold or junked. Some were put on the wrong pianos,
etc. There are a lot of pianos with no screws in the endblocks or
frontrails too...why screw them in if you're just going to have to
unscrew them again? And who needs those pesky sostenuto rods anyway?
Yeah, we have a couple of those unidentified in the shop as well. What
should I do? Pull the action on 130 grands till I find the two missing
their sostenuto? It just gets pretty confusing down the road. It was
also a big headache when we moved into the new building with fallboards
and keys falling all over the place. It's like that commercial...life
comes at you fast. Pretty soon you won't be able to keep track of
everything.

Hey Jeff, get that music desk back in place as soon as possible. If you
don't, somebody will take one from another piano and put it in there and
then somebody else will take another on to replace the first one and so
on and so on...pretty soon you have a case of musical music desks and
you have to come in at 8AM on a Sunday when nobody is in any of the
practice rooms to find out which one goes where. We have two repaired
music desks in the shop right now and they don't fit in either of the
pianos currently missing desks...

Eric

Eric Wolfley, RPT
Supervising Piano Technician