[CAUT] Baldwin SD

Keith Roberts kpiano at goldrush.com
Sat Apr 1 09:15:20 MST 2006

I just had that same problem on an SD 6.

I looked for the paper clip on the board, tightened plate screws (which
helped the sound) and scratched my head and tightened every screw. Mid range
sounded awful. I mated hammers to string, seated strings, etc.

It was the sostenuto rod clips. Them things were rattlin to beat all get
out. Should have been the first thing I tightened, they are right out front,
highly visible.......

Sigh
Keith