[CAUT] Baldwin SD

Ron Nossaman rnossaman at cox.net
Sun Apr 2 17:40:37 MDT 2006

>> I'd also try
>> clamping a jumbo vise grip to a rear bridge pin in the middle
>> of the problem area and see what that does. If it helps, the
>> board's a goner.
>
> Hi Ron,
>     Would you mind elaborating on this?
> Regards,
> Fred Sturm

Hi Fred,
A quick and dirty non-destructive diagnostic. If the mass of
the vise grip added to the bridge clears up or even changes
the noise, the noise wasn't the agraffe, string, bridge
notching, bridge pins, string level, loose screws, casters,
phase of the moon, or evil spirits. It's because the
soundboard impedance is too low there. We still have no idea
if there is any crown at the spot where the noise is, which
would help with the diagnosis as well.

Ron N