[CAUT] hammer burning experiment

Gary Mushlin garym at PIANOSERVICE.BIZ
Mon Apr 3 08:14:27 MDT 2006

Ed,

Thanks for your comment.

Can these smudges be cleaned off? I see the importance of delivering
a clean, new action. I mostly work on older pianos, and haven't
worried as much about it, except trying to avoid the problem as much
as possible. I generally use butane, but sometimes it leaves smudges.
I don't like carrying a heat gun around from house to house. I've
never cleaned off those shanks that I was unfortunate enough to smudge.

Sincerely,
Gary Mushlin, MME, RPT