[CAUT] Baldwin SD

Avery Todd atodd at uh.edu
Mon Apr 3 10:51:42 MDT 2006

Susan & list,

At 02:10 PM 4/2/2006, you wrote:
>At 11:42 AM 4/2/2006 -0500, Jon wrote:
>>Rather than buying it on the assumption for repair
>>if it is simply as the dealer suggests, have him fix it
>>for another inspection.
>
>A good idea, but only if you trust the dealer to put in
>the quality of work you would want. I've known a few where
>if the piano seemed promising, I'd want to get it away from
>them before they got their hammy hands anywhere near it.

This thought has definitely occurred to me. :-)

Many, many thanks for all the responses. Right this moment, I don't have the
time to answer all your posts.

Ron, no I didn't have the chance to check for crown but the piano sounds so
good overall, that I kind of doubt it's the board.

As I think I mentioned before, it's all right in that middle section. That's
where all the agraffes aren't lined up correctly, which is basically what led
me to it possibly being an agraffe problem of some kind. The other
sections are
all correctly done.

Also, that distorted type of sound I mentioned isn't on every note in
that section.
Maybe 5-6 at most. And I can hear it when plucking the string as well
as playing
the note. One or two don't even have that sound on all three strings
of the unison.

Back to work. I'll try & post more later. Thanks again.

Avery