[CAUT] Baldwin SD

Avery Todd atodd at uh.edu
Mon Apr 3 13:14:27 MDT 2006

Ron,

At 12:35 PM 4/3/2006, you wrote:
>>Also, that distorted type of sound I mentioned isn't on every note
>>in that section.
>>Maybe 5-6 at most. And I can hear it when plucking the string as
>>well as playing
>>the note. One or two don't even have that sound on all three
>>strings of the unison.
>
>The missing information! That helps considerably. No, it's not the
>soundboard, or a sympathetic, or string level, etc. Looking like
>agraffes more all the time.
>
>Ron N

Sorry about that. I thought I'd mentioned it. That's why I was
initially drawn to the
agraffes. Besides the fact that several are not aligned correctly. I
always thought it
sounded like a termination problem of some kind.

Anyway, I just heard from the dealer and his tech "fixed" the problem
by letting down
the tension and pulling it back up. Now my next question is 'how long
will that last'? :-)

I may actually have a chance to find out if it will last a while
before and if we buy it.
April 22nd, Stravinski's Les Noces is being done here. For that, I
need 4 grand pianos.
We have 2 already in that hall, I think I can move another D from the
student recital hall
and if the head of our piano dept. likes the instrument, I'm going to
ask the dealer to
"loan" it to us at least through that concert. We can give a verbal
OK to us buying it and
if the chair likes it, I'm relatively sure he'll do it.

That just might kill two birds with one stone. :-) Thanks again, everyone.

Avery
University of Houston