[CAUT] String flight revisited

Alan McCoy amccoy at mail.ewu.edu
Mon Apr 3 15:41:43 MDT 2006

Just catching up on CAUT reading. So here's a Yamaha C3 in a high school
choir room. The teacher always kept the lid down and so he could sort music
on it. He plays hard and has broken many strings over the 20+ years I've
known him. One day in class a bass string broke and flew out the back right
at the choir. The lid was down as usual! Miraculously, no one was injured.
Hit the chair of an absent front-row student.

We might just have to seal these babies totally for those miscreant and
foot-loose bass strings.

Alan

-- Alan McCoy, RPT
Eastern Washington University