[CAUT] Weight of solder

Keith Roberts kpiano at goldrush.com
Sat Apr 22 18:02:01 MDT 2006

Can anybody tell me the weight of solder per inch? I don't have a scale as
yet.
The Baldwin SD6 I'm tuning for a concert tomorrow is weak on the last five
notes and the pianist is hoping I can drag a bit more volume out of them.
Plucking the strings the volume remains consistent all the way to the top. I
played with the strike point for max volume and it was better but it still
drops off noticeably. Looking at the hammers, they can't weigh more than 3
grams so I was going to increase the weight by wrapping some solder around
the shank.

Any other ideas?

Keith Roberts