[CAUT] Transition Bridge Freaks

RicB ricb at pianostemmer.no
Mon Dec 25 06:33:36 MST 2006

Hi Bill

Not really flat strung.  The transition bridge is much higher then the
bass bridge. 3 string planes.  I will go back and take a few more pics
with my regular camera to show the whole thing better.  Julius
Bluthner... dont know the date. Length was around 185 but I didnt
measure. I was just there for a few minutes to fix a small pedal
problem.  But I <<had>> to take a peek inside.  More later on this one.

Cheers
RicB

    Hears one for you all.... Ran into this a couple weeks back... sorry
    bout the foto quality,  taken with my Nokia N70 cellphone.  Notice the
    placement of the transition bridge.

    Cheers
    RicB
    Richard,

        It's flatstrung and has a long plate rib/strut paralleling the
        long bridge
        like an early Steinway (early 1870s), do you mind sharing the
        piano make and
        length?

        Bill Shull