[CAUT] Transition Bridge Freaks

Bdshull at aol.com Bdshull at aol.com
Tue Dec 26 00:37:05 MST 2006

Ric,

I'd love to see more, and I'm interested in that sn/date too!

Bill Shull

In a message dated 12/25/2006 5:29:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
ricb at pianostemmer.no writes:
Hi Bill

Not really flat strung.  The transition bridge is much higher then the
bass bridge. 3 string planes.  I will go back and take a few more pics
with my regular camera to show the whole thing better.  Julius
Bluthner... dont know the date. Length was around 185 but I didnt
measure. I was just there for a few minutes to fix a small pedal
problem.  But I <<had>> to take a peek inside.  More later on this one.

Cheers
RicB

    Hears one for you all.... Ran into this a couple weeks back... sorry
    bout the foto quality,  taken with my Nokia N70 cellphone.  Notice the
    placement of the transition bridge.

    Cheers
    RicB
    Richard,

        It's flatstrung and has a long plate rib/strut paralleling the
        long bridge
        like an early Steinway (early 1870s), do you mind sharing the
        piano make and
        length?

        Bill Shull