[CAUT] TIP OF THE YEAR!/ 4 books

Fred Sturm fssturm at unm.edu
Thu Dec 28 20:07:02 MST 2006

Hi Jim, Mark,
    I'm flattered, glad to be of some help. I'm no big expert at any of
this, just someone with a fairly open and skeptical mind, and not
particularly worried about making a fool of myself. I find that if you
express a reasoned opinion, you often get a reasoned response and learn
something. And in the process of expressing a reasoned opinion, you often
examine what you think you knew a little more closely as well.
    $1000 checks are most welcome, and if there are enough of them, I'd be
happy to retire from tuning and take up writing as a pastime <G>. But I'd
rather play the piano instead.
Regards,
Fred