[CAUT] Differences?

Don McKechnie dmckech@ithaca.edu
Thu, 02 Feb 2006 11:44:09 -0500

This has been a interesting thread. But first, congratulations Richard!
A good run I'm sure. I'm looking forward to something similar in the not
too distant future. That is, if this place does not kill me first. :-)

I mentioned to Michelle not long ago that it seems like there are less
women present at the annual convention than say ten or more years ago.
It would be interesting to see the statistics of male/female Guild
membership over the past 30 years or so. It is my perception (which
could be way off) that 30 years ago when I got started, there were more
women trying out this profession than there are now. At least a third of
my class at North Bennett were women. I wonder what the ratio is these
days in any school? I have had a few more women than men do
workstudy/internships with me here at IC, but none of my students have
taken up the profession. They enjoyed the work but their music career
came first. The times, they are a-changin? A pity if so.

Don