[CAUT] Ipaq or Dell

Ward & Probst wardprobst@nts-online.net
Tue, 31 Jan 2006 20:59:11 -0600

I've had two IPAQ's and one Dell Axim. The Dell has been way better but then
I haven't dropped it on hard floors or thrown it across the room as often as
I did the IPAQ's. But then Cy Schuster has those and they seem to be working
fine for him. Heck, TuneLab works on pretty near anything.
Dale
Dale E. Probst, RPT
Ward & Probst, Inc.
Wichita Falls, TX
mailto:dale@wardprobst.com
www.wardprobst.com

-----Original Message-----
From: caut-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:caut-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf Of Don
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 7:09 PM
To: College and University Technicians
Subject: Re: [CAUT] Ipaq or Dell

Hi Jim,

At least with the software version of Verituner processor speed and screen
size are directly related to the number of partials that will be displayed.

Reyburn Cyber tuner has a minimum screen size requirement.

My advice would be to get the fastest processor possible.

At 07:56 PM 1/31/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Speed. If you only run a tuning program, this won't make a significant
>performance difference. But most folks want to do more (and more,
>and...) with their units, often at the same time (background tasks).
>Plus, just like with desktops, the PPC programmers are taking lessons
>from the Micro$oft folks in writing huge, memory and processor intensive
>code. You will be behind the curve soon enough, but it's better not to
>start out on the downside of the curve.

>Jim Harvey

mailto:pianotuna@yahoo.com	http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7