[CAUT] college piano rentals

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Mon, 13 Feb 2006 10:22:06 -0600

At 10:01 AM 2/13/2006 -0500, you wrote:
>Hello list,
>
>Does anyone currently working at a college or university know of a
>situation in which that institution owns a large grand and rents it out to
>outside parties? Or, charges rent on it when an artists visits and
>performs either on campus or locally??
>
>Any replies welcomed.
>
>Thank you in advance.
>
>Robin Blankenship

Many moons ago, the powers that be decided (and I fully concurred) that the
college is NOT in the off-campus rental business.  The college lawyer
advised that the insurance liability was too great.

If someone from outside the college community wants to perform ON campus,
there are hall rental fees which presumably cover wear and tear, etc.

College sponsored events are just that.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
1-(563)-387-1204 // Fax 1-(563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.