[CAUT] Guy Nichols

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Wed, 22 Feb 2006 09:37:04 EST

In a message dated 2/22/2006 2:27:23 AM Central Standard Time,
solliday@ptd.net writes:

Guy's passing is a real kick in the stomach. He  was a great contributor to
this list, PTG, and the industry. He was always  finding ways to help less
experienced techs. He was a kind man. We sat under  the stars out by the pool at
the last Texas convention for a few hours  sharing stories about the old days
(which weren't so long ago) and the  state of the biz, and I remember being
struck by the size of his  spirit. A few years ago we had a little ripple but as
time went by it  turned out he was right too. We laughed about that. I'm glad
we had that time,  it was well spent, and he was a man well met. It is some
small solace  that he went in his sleep and did not suffer, he didn't deserve
to. Guy loomed  large and he will be missed. May his soul soar.
Chris  Solliday

Thank you, Chris, for this thoughtful comments.

Last night I sent a post to the Awards Committee, requesting that Guy be
given the Member of Note award, posthumously. I would like to ask that all of
you support that request, by sending the committee a post. I  realize it is past
the deadline, but then who knew this would happen.

Thanks

Wim