[CAUT] Piano Horse

Jeff Olson jlolson@cal.net
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 09:32:12 -0800

Re: [CAUT] Piano HorseThe one problem I've had with dollies/wheeled =
platforms that have several feet between front and back casters is =
"bottoming out" going up and down several stairs on ramps.  That can be =
truly annoying, especially with a heavy instrument (by "bottoming out," =
I mean that the center of the platform comes into contact with the top =
of the ramp -- a common, if not unavoidable problem when moving upright =
pianos with organ-style end dollies, one reason I never use them except =
on organs).

Perhaps the Grand Chariot elevates the piano high enough (casters a nice =
5"!) to avoid this problem under most circumstances?=20

Jeff O.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Ken Zahringer=20
  To: College and University Technicians=20
  Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 6:21 AM
  Subject: Re: [CAUT] Piano Horse

  Well, I just changed my mind!!!  Brad, thanks for this post, more =
timely than you know.  I don't know how I managed to not find this =
company during all my Google searches for "piano moving equipment", but =
I'm sure glad it showed up now.  I have seen some of their stuff in the =
Pianotek catalog, but until now I didn't know who the manufacturer was.  =
In short, the Buckeye truck is outta there!  I'm gettin' a Grand =
Chariot!  It is just way too cool!

  Thanks,
  Ken Z.