[CAUT] Alcohol/water on Yamaha hammers

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Sun, 8 Jan 2006 14:44:39 EST

In a message dated 1/7/2006 8:06:34 P.M. Central Standard Time,
jpstickney@montanadsl.net writes:

So  apparently they are trying to turn this around to make it look like
the  alcohol was not the cause of making the hammers look bad (i.e.
ruining  them), but that the hammers were ruined before he did anything.
I  haven't heard anything since then to know whom they have talked to or
what  they are saying.  I did manage to call the chair and inform him of
the prevailing opinion about using alcohol and water, so at least I got
that word in before they had a chance to make their case.  I have no
idea where this will end up, but I'm not looking forward to having to
deal with these people.  As before, stay tuned.

Jeff  Stickney

Jeff

It looks like the adjunct is trying to force his tech into the school.
Depending on his influence, it might be best if you allow this to happen, and  let
the consequences fall where they may. I believe you said that although this
is a nice gig to have, it is only part of your tuning income. Perhaps it might
be better if you parted ways, and concentrate on developing a private
clientele.  Hopefully, eventually, smarter heads will prevail, and ask you to come
back.

Good luck.

Wim