[CAUT] Hot Hide glue woes (??)

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Mon, 9 Jan 2006 18:36:17 -0800

I saw that glue at Dale Erwins shop and it is definatly darker and murky,
His wife liked it, she said it was the new stuff from Pianotech. I glued on
a set of dampers with it, it seemed fine
Joe Garrett sells a XXXChrome hide glue which is very pure and clear but he
does not recommend it for hanging hammers as it is too brittle. He has a
special formula that is more like Pianotech's glue for that purpose.

kpiano