[CAUT] Steinway rail re-doweling

ReggaePass at aol.com ReggaePass at aol.com
Wed Jul 12 11:12:15 MDT 2006

List,

FWIW, we just replaced the stack on a 1941 D and were delighted that the new one we got from Steinway fit very well.  Didn't really expect it to, and this could be an exception.  Like I said, FWIW.

Alan Eder, RPT

>  As I have not gone the route of buying new,  I thought it should
> be brought into the discussion.

Absolutely!

>   I do know it has been done, but not sure how this tech does
> it.  This is a highly respected tech.  I don't think it is worth
> pursuing for the reasons you mentioned.  I was hoping someone who
> uses this method might speak up.

I do think that simply replacing the whole set new from S&S can work
very well for later production...probably anything after the
mid/late-80's.  Early than that can be more dicey.