[CAUT] The cost of re-doweling

JBairdRPT at cs.com JBairdRPT at cs.com
Wed Jul 12 15:15:16 MDT 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob &Helen Goodale <rrg at unlv.nevada.edu>
Date: Wednesday, July 12, 2006 15:46
Subject: [CAUT] The cost of re-doweling
To: caut at ptg.org

 and then ready to go, is
>about $800.00 +/-. You can count on another $350+ spent on
>shipping the crate back and forth. Bottom line, expect a
>total bill of about $1150.00+ for the complete job.

I will admit that sending an empty crate back and forth goes against my
grain. But, as others have said, John Dewey does excellent, precision work. If your
time is worth, say, $85/hr, and you can do the same quality of work in 13
hours or less,  it would seem sensible to do the work yourself.

John Baird