[CAUT] mileage fees.

Cy Shuster cy at shusterpiano.com
Fri Jul 21 09:24:52 MDT 2006

I charged $0.20 a mile in WV (back when gas was $2.29 a gallon) for people
more than half an hour away, and never had a complaint.  In fact, when the
bill comes out to an odd amount, it seems more defensible...  Many people
know the IRS reimbursement rates (around $0.41/mile now?), so that seems
defensible.

I'd take the whole day's mileage, out and back, and divide it equally among
that day's customers (outside my local radius), and tell them that's what I
did.  This gives them the incentive to market on my behalf.  "Come out next
week, 60 miles one way?  Sure, but if you find one more person, your mileage
charge is cut in half."

--Cy--
shusterpiano.com