[CAUT] upright plucking

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr at srvinet.com
Tue Jul 25 21:30:06 MDT 2006

Hi Wim,
Good for you,
Uprights only need to be mated thank goodness.
I have done one upright though, a 60's Kimball studio.
Made it sound a whole lot better, but still not worth the effort. <O:((
The seating of the strings on the various termination points probibly
was what made the difference, not the leveling.
I always check the first few tenor strings for mating as the tension on them
is much lower, and the mismating shows up as a tuning problem more. I push
in the high string to mate with the string that is open.
If that does not work my mating block is used.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr at srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com