[CAUT] Steinway Technical

Andrew Anderson andrew at andersonmusic.com
Wed Jul 26 19:11:43 MDT 2006

I agreed to do a annual+ (been a few years on this one) technical on
a S&S D.  I never did invest in those clip on weights to do key
levelling because I learned and liked the Yamaha way.  Anyone have a
fast way to level the D accelerated action?

Seems to me I've seen on this list something you can chuck up in your
drill and polish center rail pins fast with.  Anyone make one for
sale?  I've got another technical coming up...

Do you lubricate after polishing with Flitz?  Or does the "no
residue" rust preventer provide adequate lubrication?  Is ProLube
follow-up unnecessary?

It is surprising how some improvements in the keys can add up to such
a delightful improvement when playing.  (Key-dip was way deep so I
tried out some Wurzens on the front rail.  Still have lots of
after-touch and just need to refine dip a little.)

Andrew Anderson