[CAUT] Hamburg leg bolt

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue May 9 05:09:57 MDT 2006

If students are to be moving this piano often, I'd worry more about
personal injury than tone.

Definitely get a piano truck!!!   If you want a solid contact to the
floor for performance then
make up some hardwood wedges to block under the legs.

As a side note, when it comes time to remove or install a piano on a truck,
I have two small wedges (I call them 'Truck Stops') to place under the front
legs so the back arm does not flip upwards. To remove a truck, place both
Stops under the front legs and remove the rear leg from the truck.
When installing,
place a Stop under each front leg as it is positioned then simply
swing the rear
arm under the rear leg.
--

Regards,