[CAUT] re-core rail thanks!

Cramer at BrandonU.CA Cramer at BrandonU.CA
Thu May 25 21:54:25 MDT 2006

Thanks all, for such speedy replies.

First, I was unaware replacement rails were available til
receiving David Kirkland's (always prompt) reply this
afternoon.

I'm all for the easier method.

However as I'm usually only out here for two weeks at a
time, not sure whether I can get a new rail here in time.

Looking through records, I see this particular D (we know
here as "Gertrude") is a 1952 model we acquired back in 78.

Anyhow, failing the possibility of a new rail arriving in
time, I now have some very good advice on the re-coring,
should it come to that.

again thanks,

mark c.

> Indeed! Why not just solder in a new rail??? I'm
> confused. Why all the extra work?
>
> best,
> Greg Newell
>

> At 04:22 PM 5/25/2006, you wrote:
> >      Ask yourself if maybe a new rail would have been
easier!