[CAUT] In pursuit of perfection

Willem Blees wblees at bama.ua.edu
Wed Nov 1 08:15:47 MST 2006

I have run into this situation a number of times over the years. I
don't think it is at all inappropriate to ask these people to stop. I
don't think it's a matter of the offenders being insensitive to our
need to have it quiet, as much as that since they are used to tuning
their instrument when others are doing the same, they think we can
tune under the same conditions.

They need to be educated. So politely ask them to give you 10 - 15
minutes. If they argue, refuse, or ignore your request, make sure to
tell someone in "authority" that you did the best under the
circumstances.

Wim
Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician