[CAUT] "Accurate subject line" idea..

Michelle Stranges stranges at oswego.edu
Wed Nov 1 12:06:52 MST 2006

Hi folks-

I got to thinking about  "keeping subject lines pertaining to
subject" posts yesterday.. and I fully admit I am one of the one's
who comes up with less-than "normal" subject lines... I think it's on
the fun side but I'm getting the feeling that won't work out anymore.

I belong to several "forums" and one of them I'll paste here for you
to see.
(For the CAUT is kind of a forum of sorts, eh?)

This is the Fender Rhodes forum that's found at the Fender Rhodes site.

www.fenderhordes.com/forum/

It's a "phpp" based forum and I'm not sure at all how you go about
getting one but I see them around ALOT..
They are terrific and VERY organized, and depending on the folks who
post, they stay very much on topic.
Changes can be made in all sorts of ways.
There is usually some "site administrator" somewhere in cyberspace too.

Each registered person has a "name" and can post specific topics.
You can "PM" (private message) people through it.
Post pictures.
Present graphics.
Search by topic.
Search by member.
Get an email when someone either responds to a topic you've posted in
or when you get a "PM" or both.
You can set up voting "polls".
It *clearly* is made to house all posts responding to that specific
topic and puts them in order by when they were received.

Hopefully you'll all get a chance to take a look at it.
There are many of these floating around and it can become quite the
community and informative.

Very easy to surf/browse.

:)
Strange is