[CAUT] In Pursuit of Perfection

James Ellis claviers at nxs.net
Wed Nov 1 15:41:06 MST 2006

I can certainly identify with Ron Overs' post, because I have had it happen
to me in the past - especially if the orchestra was one that I don't
normally work with.  But here in Oak Ridge, TN, USA, we came to an
understanding some 15 years ago.  The piano will be tuned before the first
rehearsal with the guest artist, before the dress rehearsal, and it will
get a touch-up before the performance.  Conditions are that I be given the
schedule well in advance, and that I have appropriate, UNdisturbed time
slots with the piano, otherwise, it won't get tuned.  For the past 15
years, we have been getting along just fine.

Sincerely, Jim Ellis