[CAUT] RE : key bushings

Susan Kline skline at peak.org
Mon Nov 6 22:41:46 MST 2006

At 05:39 PM 11/6/2006, you wrote:
>I would think white glue would soak to much into the bushing
>cloth.   Advantage of hot hide glue is it gels quickly.  I'm also
>thinking the trim and molding glue from Pianotek would be
>appropriate if it comes out easily?
>
>David Ilvedson, RPT
>Pacifica, CA 94044

Hello, David. No, white glue doesn't soak in too far. One spreads it
out into a thin layer, and there it sits. Molding glue would be too
thick. The trouble I've had with hide glue, aside from the usual like
-is it rotten and stinks? -is it too cold or too hot? - is that it
leaves strings behind it and gets all over the place. And it is quite
as capable of sinking into the cloth as white glue, if it's made up too thin.

Susan Kline