[CAUT] RE : key bushings

Greg Granoff gjg2 at humboldt.edu
Tue Nov 7 12:07:38 MST 2006

It's odd, but among the various objections to hot hide glue that come up
frequently is one against the way it smells, especially if it is "going
off".  Many long years ago, my mentor taught me to put a few drops of spirit
of camphor--available at any drug store-- say a drop or two per ounce into
the glue mixture.  This dramatically slows the rotting process, and
additionally gives the glue a very pleasant camphor-y smell--a bit like what
you smell if you sand old style plastic keytops. Somehow I thought everyone
knew about this.

Greg Granoff