[CAUT] Key Bushing Removal

Thomas Seay t.seay at mail.utexas.edu
Tue Nov 7 18:48:06 MST 2006

>Keith,
>
>A little dab of Wallpaper removing solution mixed with water
>(applied with an artist brush - or smallish brush of your choice)
>before the steaming process can help speed the process along -
>especially with tough glues.

One thing that really helps is if you heat your removing solution
before you use it. This seems to make a huge difference in how
quickly the glue lets go.

Addtionally, I give the bushings a quick (one or two second) burst of
steam before applying the solution. This hydrates the cloth and
allows the solution to wick into the cloth more easily.

Tom
--
Tom Seay, RPT
6701 North Park Drive