[CAUT] Duplex angle

johnsond johnsond at stolaf.edu
Wed Nov 8 15:22:42 MST 2006

I use a small piece of stiff wire about 3" long bent in one place off
center at whatever you determine to be a good angle.  I've used 17
degrees in the past, but whatever you prefer and depending on the
section.  With action removed this piece of wire can be held with bend
against the bar between unisons and one side along speaking length to
compare your known angle with that existing on the piano.  Some simple
adjustment to the gauge wire then, can also give you a fairly close
measurement.

good luck,

Dennis Johnson
St. Olaf College