[CAUT] gorilla glue

Ted Sambell edward.sambell at sympatico.ca
Thu Nov 9 14:45:11 MST 2006

MessageI made a weight to sit on a key when hammer fitting to the strings. If one uses the method of covering the repetition lever with cloth when checking for open strings, the weight will hold the damper up and the hammer against the strings without fumbling for the damper pedal. It also avoids having to repeatedly depress the the key when checking by plucking the strings. The weight is made from a 2" length of solid brass 7/8" square. To keep it from toppling off the sharps I glued a narrow strip of shoe leather  along each edge of the bottom surface. Gorilla glue was perfect for this application. I am sure it can be useful otherwise too. (Bur not for hammers!)

Ted Sambell