[CAUT] Tight balancier/ backcheck "formula"

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Mon Nov 13 16:12:47 MST 2006

>What is the "formula" for this, if indeed there is one? (Angle
>degree, arching radius, etc.)

3" arc and 72 degree back check angle. I prefer a 1 1/16" tail length.

>But if I move the check forward, the tail hits it on the way up.

Wim, I'd check all of the above.

A local newbie brought in an action to an SD10 for pointers,
I pointed out how addressing the arc and angle, the thump was gone at the front
and checking improved overall.

Sometimes the back check needs to be bent backwards at the bottom of
the wire and
then frontward at the top to get the angle right.

I made a special tool to crank those suckers back from a BFS. jpg attached.

--

Regards,

Jon Page