[CAUT] Gorilla glue findings

Jim Busby jim_busby at byu.edu
Mon Nov 13 19:02:20 MST 2006

Hi Ed,

I put some "Goof Off" (says it has Toluene) on some Gorilla glue that
was applied about 48 hours before. It softened it up enough to separate
the glued pieces. (Maybe it wasn't fully cured??) It didn't work on some
real old stuff, though it kind of softened up the edges. It might work
with an overnight soaking, but I haven't tried that. The pure Toluene
might work better. Even with my small experiments I'd still agree with
Dale and others that G Glue is permanent.

Hand cleaner:
I was making some tool handles and used Gorilla glue to bond two pieces
together. That stuff always stains my hands... so I took some Tightbond
off the shelf and rubbed it on the glue before washing my hands. The G
Glue came right off w/o the usual stain. According to the bottle Acetone
and denatured alcohol will also take it off, but I'll use the Titebond
from now on. Acetone turns my skin white, not to mention what it
probably does to the 3 brain cells I still have left...

Regards,
Jim Busby