[CAUT] Tired wippens

Porritt, David dporritt at mail.smu.edu
Tue Nov 14 14:21:16 MST 2006

Wim:

Why would you want to get rid of old Ms & Os?  It's not like they have
come out with new-and-improved models.  They just brought back the O.
You can have them fully rebuilt (redesigned if you wish) for
considerably less money and probably have much better instruments.

dave

David M. Porritt
dporritt at smu.edu

----- big snip -------

Paul

If you can get the money to replace them, by all means do so. But you
will also have to change the capstans. Perhaps that is why Richard
avoided doing that in the past. The other thing to consider is that if
you leave the piano alone, perhaps you can get the funds to replace
the piano. I've got a couple 30's vintage M's and O's that I would
love to throw out and replace. But I don't have any money, not even
for new parts, much less for new instruments. I keep hoping that if
enough students complain, somehow, someone up the line will hear my
plea.

Willem Blees, RPT
Piano Tuner/Technician
School of Music