[CAUT] 30's vintage M's (was:Tired wippens)

Jon Page jonpage at comcast.net
Tue Nov 14 16:46:54 MST 2006

I just sold a 1938 M for 18K. It looked like it had been kept in a vault.
Fantastic piano but had tons of lead w/15 mm knuckle radius.

I moved the knuckle to 17mm and installed assist spring wippens and removed
a goodly amount of lead (four in oct. 6 ! ).  Plays like a dream.

The wippens are still good and will shuffle them into something else,
perhaps the piano at the college, definite upgrade for a no budget institution.
--

Regards,

Jon Page